- Chair, Status of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, and Queer Persons in the Profession Committee, American Academy of Religion (2014-17); Member (2012-13) | Committee Facebook page.
- Founder and Convener, Boston Queer Theology Forum (2012-present).
- Member, Society of Christian Ethics (2011-12).
- Steering Committee, Gay Men and Religion Group, American Academy of Religion (2011-present).
- Managing Board, Asian Pacific American Religions Research Initiative (APARRI) (2011-present).
- Steering Committee, Asian North American Religion, Culture, and Society Group (ANARCS), American Academy of Religion (2010-present).
- Education and Research Team, LGBT Research Archives Network (2010-present).
- Faculty Mentor, Human Rights Campaign Summer Institute (2010-present).
- Member, Emerging Queer Asian Religion Scholars (EQARS) (2010-present).
- Member, American Academy of Religion (1999-present).
- Reviewer, Theology and Sexuality (2011-present).
- Conant Grant, The Episcopal Church (2013-14).
- Wabash Summer Fellowship, Wabash Center (2012).
- Chaplain Intern, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA (Spring 2014).
- Participant, 2011-12 Teaching and Learning Workshop for Pre-Tenure Asian and Asian American Religion and Theology Faculty, Wabash Center (July 18-23, 2011; January 26-29, 2012; June 25-30, 2012).
- Participant, Roundtable Seminar for Newly Appointed Faculty, Association of Theological Schools, Pittsburgh, PA (October 21-23, 2011).
- Participant, Religion and Sexuality Seminar, Emory University (June 9-16, 2010).
- Cody L. Sanders, Queer Lessons for Churches on the Straight and Narrow (Faithlab, 2013).
- Susan B. Thistlethwaite, #Occupy the Bible: What Jesus Really Said (and Did) About Money and Power (Astor and Blue, 2013).
- Michael G. Long, Martin Luther King, Jr., Homosexuality, and the Early Gay Rights Movement: Keeping the Dream Straight? (Palgrave Macmillan, 2012).
- Marvin M. Ellison, Making Love Just: Sexual Ethics for Perplexing Times (Fortress Press, 2012).
- General Advisory Board, Family Diversity Projects (2011-present).
- Board of Directors, Network on Religion and Justice for API LGBT People (2010-present).
- National Advisory Group, API Roundtable Project, Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies in Religion and Ministry, Pacific School of Religion, Berkeley, CA (2010-present).
- Senior Vice President, General Counsel, and Assistant Secretary; In-House Counsel, Church Pension Group, New York, NY (2000-10).
- Associate Attorney, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP, New York, NY (1995-99).
- Associate Attorney, Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP, New York, NY (1994-95).
- Law Clerk, The Hon. Stephen R. Reinhardt, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Los Angeles, CA (1993-94).
- Ordained Minister, Metropolitan Community Churches (2001-present).
- Member, New York State Bar (1995-present).
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America (1985-present).
- About.me page
- Facebook page
- Google+ page
- Twitter feed
- Huffington Post archive
- Amazon.com author page
- LGBT Religious Archives Network profile
- Episcopal Divinity School faculty profile
- Emmanuel Church in the City of Boston profile
- Google Scholar profile
- Academia.edu profile
- Union Theological Seminary profile
- AMPLIFY 2013 profile (English and Chinese)
- Society of Asian North American Christian Studies blogroll
- Patheos Christian LGBT blogroll