- Rainbow Theology: Bridging Race, Sexuality, and Spirit. New York: Seabury Books, 2013.
- From Sin to Amazing Grace: Discovering the Queer Christ. New York: Seabury Books, 2012.
- Radical Love: An Introduction to Queer Theology. New York: Seabury Books, 2011.
- Queering Christianity: Finding a Place at the Table for LGBTQI Christians. Edited by Robert E. Shore-Goss, Thomas Bohache, Patrick S. Cheng, and Mona West. Santa Barbara, CA: Praeger, 2013.
- 徹底的愛：酷兒神學初探 (Radical Love). Hong Kong: Queer Theology Academy & Hong Kong Blessed Minority Christian Fellowship, 2016.
- ラディカル・ラブ (Radical Love). Tokyo: Shinkyo Publishing, 2014.
- Google Scholar Profile (citations to publications)
- Book Chapters
- "What Theologians Need to Know: Contributions from Queer Theory." In Oxford Handbook of Theology, Sexuality, and Gender, 153-69. Edited by Adrian Thatcher. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2015.
- "Domine, Non Sum Dignus: Theological Bullying and the Roman Catholic Church." In More Than A Monologue: Learning -- Essays on Sexual Diversity and the Catholic Church, 164-73. Edited by J. Patrick Hornbeck II and Michael A. Norko. New York: Fordham University Press, 2014.
- "Cur Deus Homo[sexual]: The Queer Incarnation." In Queering Christianity: Finding a Place at the Table for LGBTQI Christians, 51-63. Edited by Robert E. Shore-Goss, Thomas Bohache, Patrick S. Cheng, and Mona West. Santa Barbara, CA: Praeger, 2013.
- "Radically Inclusive Models of God." In Queering Christianity: Finding a Place at the Table for LGBTQI Christians, 29-32. Edited by Robert E. Shore-Goss, Thomas Bohache, Patrick S. Cheng, and Mona West. Santa Barbara, CA: Praeger, 2013.
- "The Amazing Grace of Same-Sex Blessings." In Encouraging Conversations: Resources for Talking about Same-Sex Blessings, 66-70. Edited by Fredrica Harris Thompsett. New York: Morehouse Publishing, 2013.
- "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Liberative Ethics." In Ethics: A Liberative Approach, 207-21. Edited by Miguel A. De La Torre. Minneapolis, MN: Fortress Press, 2013.
- "A Three-Part Sinfonia: Queer Asian Reflections on the Trinity." In New Overtures: Asian North American Theology in the 21st Century, 173-91. Edited by Eleazar S. Fernandez. Upland, CA: Sopher Press, 2012.
- "Rethinking Sin and Grace for LGBT People Today." In Sexuality and the Sacred: Sources for Theological Reflection, 2nd ed., 105-18. Edited by Marvin M. Ellison and Kelly Brown Douglas. Louisville, KY: Westminster John Knox Press, 2010.
- "Galatians." In The Queer Bible Commentary, 624-29. Edited by Deryn Guest, Robert E. Goss, Mona West, and Thomas Bohache. London: SCM Press, 2006.
- Journal Articles
- "Is Jesus Still 'ACTing Up'?," Theology and Sexuality 21, no. 3 (2015): 175-81.
- "Kuan Yin: Espejo del Cristo queer asiático," Religión e Incidencia Pública 1 (2013): 135-54.
- "From a 'Far East Coast Cousin': Queer Asian Reflections on Roger A. Sneed's Representations of Homosexuality," Black Theology: An International Journal 10, no. 3 (November 2012): 292-300.
- "A Three-Part Sinfonia: Queer Asian Reflections on the Trinity," Journal of Race, Ethnicity, and Religion 3, no. 2.9 (January 2012): 1-23.
- "Gay Asian Masculinities and Christian Theologies," CrossCurrents 61, no. 4 (December 2011): 540-48.
- "The Rainbow Connection: Bridging Asian American and Queer Theologies," Theology and Sexuality 17, no. 3 (September 2011): 235-64.
- "A Comprehensive Employee Benefits System for The Episcopal Church: The 2009 Amendments to Title I, Canon 8," Journal of Episcopal Church Canon Law 2, no. 2 (July 2011): 7-28.
- "'I Am Yellow and Beautiful': Reflections on Queer Asian Spirituality and Gay Male Cyberculture," Journal of Technology, Theology, and Religion 2, no. 3 (June 2011): 1-21.
- "Reclaiming Our Traditions, Rituals, and Spaces: Spirituality and the Queer Asian Pacific American Experience," Spiritus 6, no. 2 (Fall 2006): 234-40. | Spanish translation.
- Response to Mary E. Hunt, "Same-Sex Marriage and Relational Justice," Journal of Feminist Studies in Religion 20, no. 2 (Fall 2004): 103-07.
- "Multiplicity and Judges 19: Constructing a Queer Asian Pacific American Biblical Hermeneutic," Semeia 90-91 (2002): 119-33.
- "Note: Constitutional Limits on Anti-Gay-Rights Initiatives," Harvard Law Review 106, no. 8 (June 1993): 1905-25.
- Comment on Quill v. North Dakota, 504 U.S. 298 (1992), "The Supreme Court, 1991 Term -- Leading Cases," Harvard Law Review 106, no. 1 (November 1992): 163-73.
- Published Lecture
- The Rainbow Connection: Bridging Asian American and Queer Theologies. Berkeley, CA: Center for Lesbian and Gay Studies in Religion and Ministry, 2012.
- Book Reviews
- Book Review of R.H. Helmholz, The Spirit of Classical Canon Law, Anglican and Episcopal History 81, no. 3 (September 2012): 353-54.
- Book Review of Robert E. Goss, Queering Christ: Beyond Jesus Acted Up, Union Seminary Quarterly Review 57, no. 1-2 (2003): 158-60.
- Book Review of Stephen L. Carter, Reflections of an Affirmative Action Baby, Harvard Law Review 105, no. 3 (January 1992): 773-78.
- Encyclopedia Entries
- "LGBT Asian Americans and Christianity." In Asian American Religious Cultures, vol. 1, 88-93. Edited by Jonathan H.X. Lee et al. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO (2015).
- "Gay Men's Interpretation of the Bible: Christianity." In Encyclopedia of the Bible and Its Reception, vol. 9, 1030-33. Edited by Dale C. Allison et al. Berlin, Germany: Verlag Walter de Gruyter (2014).
- "Religion and Sexuality, Intersections of." In Encyclopedia of Diversity in Education, 1810-15. Edited by James A. Banks. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications, 2012.